Join Us for the First Annual Relay for Pre-K! Event Schedule:
Benefiting The Child and Family Network Centers
Close the Achievement Gap with Every Lap!
9:00 am to 1:00 pm
1000 St. Stephen's Road, Alexandria, VA 22304
9:00 am - Registration opens
9:30 am - Teams gather on the turf for photos
9:40 am - CFNC Announcements and a word from our Executive Director
9:45 am - Words from Dr. Deborah Tillman, America's Super Nanny
9:50 am - Warm up led by Gladiator Fitness Boot Camp!
10:00 am - Walk begins
11:00 am - Entertainment, more details to follow
12:00 pm - Raffle winners announced
1:00 pm - Event closes General Information:
It costs CFNC $12,000 per year to educate one child. That's why we're walking around the track 12 times - or 3 miles. Here's how it works:
1. Find your team's sign, that's where your walk/run will begin Food and Beverages
2. The inner lanes are for runners, the outer lanes are for walkers!
3. You and your team will receive 12 "Mardi Gras bead" necklaces, one for each lap. As your team finishes each lap, hang your Mardi Gras necklace on your sign. That's how you'll keep track of your laps.
4. Your team can walk the whole 12 laps together, or you just make sure you have at least 1 member of your team walking at a time. It's up to your team! If you have an active, close knit team - you might want to walk together! If you're only looking to walk a few laps, you can split the laps among your team members. Either way, hang your bead on your sign when your team finishes a lap!
5. When your done, blow your whistle! A photographer will come take your picture.
Good luck, relayers!!
Light food and beverages will be provided by walkers. Don't worry about getting hungry, we'll have Aztecka Grill selling food on the premises for you! Interested in donating food? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.Entertainment
Don't miss out on your chance to meet America's Supernanny, Deborah Tillman! There will also be face painting, slime making, an awesome DJ, and more!Fundraising
Individual walkers and team members can raise funds for CFNC! It's easy. When you register, you will automatically be given access to our own fundraising page. This page can be shared through email, social media, etc. Top individual and team fundraisers will win prizes. Where do the funds go?
All proceeds raised will directly support The Child & Family Network Centers (CFNC) free education program - you can change a child's life just by sending some emails. CFNC is a 501c3 nonprofit, tax ID 54-1589809 - all donations are tax deductible to the full extent allowable by law. Is registration required?
Yes, to walk and to fundraise, you must register. We also recommend you make a personal donation to your page upon registration. This commitment helps us continue to provide free education to children in our city. Upon registration at the event, you will receive a t-shirt if you have raised at least $100 dollars.
ResourcesClick here to download our Fundraising Toolkit
, designed especially for our Relayers to make fundraising simple and reaching your goal an easy task!
Questions? Concerns? Or any other reason you'd like to get in touch?
Call or email Development Manager, Maggie Klefstad
703-836-0214 ext. 238